We Love Chocolate!
We love chocolate! We love the scent of chocolate - from chocolate kisses to extravagant chocolate desserts. We love its association with sensuality, pleasure and just a tad of guilt for the first two. We love that first dreamy taste of dark heaven and the sweet and earthy smoothness.
Chocolate Covered Specials, Gifts & Wine Country Tours
At the Camellia Inn we embrace our love for chocolate and chocolate recipes. So much so that every Wednesday is completely dedicated to chocolate as are Valentine's Day and two full months (so far) - December and February.
We hope the rest of you chocolate lovers will join us for one of our chocolate festivities.
- Chocolate Covered Wednesdays
- Chocolate Covered Christmas
- Chocolate Covered Valentines Day
We even have unique chocolate gifts you can purchase at our Inn store (either online or at the Inn), and we'd be delighted to arrange a chocolate tour of Wine Country for you when you come to visit. If you would like to learn about new chocolate covered events, tastings, packages and specials at the Camellia Inn, sign-up for our Chocolate Lovers Only e-mail.
Here are some of of our guest's favorite Chocolate Covered Wednesday recipes.
- Chocolate Soup
- Chocolate Cherry Clafouti
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate & Bacon Baklava
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Chocolate-Banana Croissant French Toast
- Chocolate-Amaretti Heartbreakers
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Chocolate!
- The History of Chocolate
Go to the Field Museum in Chicago to learn all about the history of chocolate from its discovery over 2000 years ago to present day.
- The Cocoa Tree
This interactive site lets visitors explore history, culture, ecology, and manufacturing of chocolate.
- The Sweet Lure of Chocolate
Exploratorium Magazine devotes this entire online-only edition to the sweet wonderfulness that is chocolate.
- The Chocolate Life
The on-line community for chocophiles, and aspiring chocophiles, to explore, learn, and share.
- A Brief History of Chocolate
This article from Smithsonian.com offers an interesting and informative look at the history of chocolate.
- Chocolate: Drink of the Gods
The role chocolate played in the Mayan culture.
- Chocolate Alchemy Forum
The art and science of chocolate community forum.
- Seventypercent Forums
Fine chocolate discussions and reviews, ingredients, recipes, chocolatiers, and many other topics are all available for discussion at this forum.
- Chocolate: The Psychoactive Food
Why and how chocolate makes so many people feel so good.
- How Chocolate Works
About how chocolate is made with photos of cacao trees and cocoa beans.
- All About Chocolate – Buying, Storing, Melting, Tempering and Using
- Dark Chocolate is Healthy Chocolate
Article from Web MD about the health benefits of dark chocolate.
- Chocolate: A Health Food
A doctor's informative article on the health benefits of chocolate.
- Improve Your Health and Well-Being with Raw Chocolate
Find out why raw chocolate is so good for you and even learn how to make some at home.
- Sustainable Table: Chocolate
Some history and health benefits of chocolate, about fair trade chocolate, and links to healthy chocolate vendors.
- Virtual Chocolate
Send virtual chocolate postcards, get free chocolate computer wallpaper, and read stories and poems about chocolate here.
- Facts About Chocolate
Lots and lots of information about chocolate.
- Pairing Chocolate & Wine
The right wine and chocolate matches are a happy marriage.
- The Chocolate Lovers' Page
More then 1200 chocolate web sites around the world. Chocolate retailers, suppliers, sellers of gift baskets containing chocolate, chocolate fountain rentals, chocolate recipes, information, fundraising using chocolate, industry associations, personal fan sites, and more.
- In Search of the Heart of Chocolate
- Like Water for Chocolate
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder version)
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp version)
- Lezioni Di Cioccolato (Chocolate Lessons)
- Milton Hershey: The Chocolate King
- Great Chefs: Chocolate Passion
by Joanne Harris
- Like Water for Chocolate
by Laura Esquivel
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl
- The Great Book of Chocolate
by David Lebovitz
- The Essence of Chocolate
by Robert Steinberg and John Scharffenberger
- The Discovery of Chocolate
by James Runcie
- Chocolate Unwrapped: The Surprising Health Benefits of America's Favorite Passion
by Rowan Jacobsen
- The Chocolate Bible
by Christian Teubner
- Chocolate: Cooking with the World's Best Ingredient
by Christine McFadden & Christine France
- The True History of Chocolate
by Sophie D. Coe and Michael D. Coe
- Chocolate Desserts
by Pierre Herme
- Candy Freak
by Steve Almond
- The Chocolate War
by Robert Cormier
- Bittersweet: Recipes and Tales from a Life in Chocolate
by Alice Medrich
- The New Taste of Chocolate: A Cultural and Natural History of Cacao with Recipes
by Maricel Presilla
- Chocolate: A Bittersweet Sage of Dark and Light
by Mort Rosenblum