April 11, 2014 - Now in Healdsburg
April has been busy - with May booking up, too. The recent Celtic concert here was wonderful.
If you missed it, then join us for another great concert on June 23rd, with world-renowned guitarist Tony McManus. Call the Inn for details: 707-433-8182. http://www.tonymcmanus.com
Chocolate lovers - On May 31st, at 2:00 p.m. we are hosting a Chocolate Tea here at the Inn. Cy Olney of Scharffen Berger Chocolate will also present a tasting and some interesting details on chocolate; look for savory AND sweet chocolate delights. Call the Inn for reservations at 707-433-8182707-433-8182. https://www.scharffenberger.com/
Some of our favorite places to do your spring shopping in Healdsburg are: Zizi, BReal, Gina’s, Extravagance, Bella and Rainsong Shoes. We are also lucky to have two independent book sellers in town: Copperfield’s Books and Levin and Company. They are all big supporters of our community.
We love the variety of guests here at the Inn. This week alone we had:
- A couple who come annually from Tokyo (they really miss Cyrus)
- A couple and their adult daughter from Michigan, here to watch son/brother in his first 50 mile race tomorrow
- A horse trainer from Minnesota whose horse is currently in Dry Creek for a couple months (French dressage)
- Two ladies on a “girls’” getaway, with a 10-month-old baby
- Musicians from Scotland and the Netherlands who played for our guests and neighbors on Thursday
- Parents and adult children here to wine taste
And that’s just from a Thursday night!
Here’s a great recipe for YOUR company:
Camellia Inn Orange and Raisin Muffins
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups sugar
2 whole oranges
1 cup orange juice
1 cup raisins
1 cup butter
(butter to grease muffin tins or use paper muffin cup liners)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut off end slices of oranges and cut the rest into eighths. In two batches in a food processor, process the oranges, along with the orange juice until the oranges are finely chopped. Add raisins, butter, eggs and process. Add this to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Grease 2 muffin tins (or line tins with paper liners) and fill 2/3rds full with batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Yield 24 muffins. Serve at brunch with a Sonoma County sparkling wine.